Photos of the mural Dominic did as a collaboration with art students at UC-Santa Barbara, in conjunction with a screening and lecture of Where Soldiers Come From. Both were part of UC-SB’s Fallout: In the Aftermath of War series.
Photos of the mural Dominic created for the National Veterans Art Museum, in conjunction with a WSCF screening May 2012.
- No current upcoming screenings.
- SXSW Film Festival • Winner, Best Editing
- Sarasota Film Festival
- Full Frame Documentary Film Festival
- Los Angeles Film Festival
- Silverdocs Documentary Film Festival
- Rooftop Films
- Traverse City Film Festival • Winner, Founders Award for Best US Documentary
- Village East Cinemas, New York (Theatrical Premiere)
- Gene Siskel Theater, Chicago
- Twin Cities Film Festival, Minneapolis
- Dallas Video Festival
- Calumet Theatre, Calumet, Michigan (Upper Peninsula Premiere)
- Detroit Institute of Art
- Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Laemmle Sunset 5, Los Angeles
- Bend Film Festival, Bend, Oregon
- Alamo Drafthouse, Austin, Texas
- Heartland Film Festival • Winner, Golden Heart Award
- San Francisco Documentary Festival
- Philadelphia Film Festival
- Celebration! Cinema North, Lansing, Michigan
- Celebration! Cinema Lansing
- San Diego Reading Gaslamp 15
- Northwestern University Block Theater, Evanston, IL
- Temple Theater – River Fest, Saginaw, Michigan
- Starz Denver Film Festival
- IndieMemphis Film Festival
- Capitol Hill Visitors Center, Washington, DC, (co-sponsored by Senator Carl Levin and Genera McKinley of the National Guard)
- Alexandria Film Festival, Alexandria, VA
- Co-Sponsored by the Texas Independent Film Network:
- San Antonio Santikos Bijou Theater
- Bastrop (TX) Opera House
- Baylor University, Waco
- Violet Crown Cinemas, Austin
- Texas State University, San Marcos
- Houston Sundance Theaters
- Texas A&M University, College Station
- Amarillo Theater, Amarillo, TX
- American University (Sponsored by the Center for Social Media)
- Petaluma Cinema Series
- Sebastopol Documentary Film Festival • Winner, Festival Critics Award
- Stephens College, Columbia, MO, Citizen Jane Film Series
- Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, Austin, TX Benefit screening for Under the Hood Café and Outreach Center, sponsored by TUGG and Under the Hood Café. Included a Q&A with Under the Hood Café staff and Director Heather Courtney.
- Corcoran College of Art and Design • Washington, DC • May 17, 6:00 pm Part of The Arts and The Military Conference: Transforming War and Trauma Experiences, with a Q&A with Director Heather Courtney and Dominic Fredianelli
- National Veterans Art Museum • Chicago, IL • May 5 and May 26, 1:00 pmMural by Dominic Fredianelli (subject of the film) unveiled at the May 26 screening in honor of Memorial Day with a Q&A with Dominic Fredianelli
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Sept. 18
- Northern Michigan University, UNITED conference, Sept. 24
- United Nations Association Film Festival, Stanford University, Oct. 26
- Fallout: In the Aftermath of War Series, UC-Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA, Oct. 30-Nov. 8
- Box Factory for the Arts, St. Joseph, MI, Nov. 2
- Seton Hill University, Seton Hill, PA, Nov. 6
- Waubonsee Community College, Sugar Grove, IL, Nov. 7
- University of Minnesota Duluth Office of Civic Engagement, Duluth, MN, Nov. 8
- Sayville Public Library, Sayville, NY, Nov. 14
- University of Arizona Student Vets Center, Tucson, AZ, Nov. 16
- The Jewish Museum High School Film Festival, New York, NY, Dec. 7
- The Museum of Modern Art • New York, NY, March 2. Screened as part of MoMA Selects: POV, a celebration of 25 years of PBS’ award-winning POV documentary series.
- Casket Cinema • Minneapolis, MN, March 7, 8:00 PM
Video Librarian, the national video/film review magazine for libraries, gave WSCF 3 ½ stars out of 4, calling it "a powerfully realistic portrait of contemporary soldiers in war. Highly recommended."
WSCF is now available for streaming on Netflix! Please add the film to your Instant Queue and provide a star rating!
No current upcoming screenings.